Pokemon X5K
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A pokemon forum that includes all the up to date info, with battles and challenges!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Something grabbed my Attention...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Pokemon Z RPG
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Z RPG

EXP : 27347

Something grabbed my Attention... Empty
PostSubject: Something grabbed my Attention...   Something grabbed my Attention... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 3:03 am

This manga series seems to be a bit darker than the anime or the games. In fact, several references can be admited to a audience of, as you would say, Rated T for teen? I dont know... anyways, the manga series differs alot from other series of the pokemon franchise. For example, death is discussed alot more, and in fact Pokemon die on page, as you read. I've read around the first 35 issues already and I've found death, crime, and sexual references. ( Issue 32 is hilarious, lol) So far, I have mroe yet to read, and I'm actually interested in reading the series. Thank you pirate bay. OH, the story, is based on the anime/games but goes into a different extent. As I said it is darker, and several differences can be pointed out right away, but you can tell its based off the anime in certain ways. BTW, i have the link for a torrent if you guys are interested in joining me.

EDIT: YES, ITS AN OFFICIAL COMIC... "THE" OFFICIAL COMIC TO BE PRECISE...

Last edited by Dimentio The Jester on Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:32 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://pokemonx5k.forumotion.com
/f0473h1u1z/
Advanced Trainer
Advanced Trainer
/f0473h1u1z/

EXP : 26233

PostSubject: Re: Something grabbed my Attention...   Something grabbed my Attention... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 5:39 am

Who is it written by?
Back to top Go down
j-manza
Experienced Trainer
Experienced Trainer
j-manza

EXP : 26249

PostSubject: Re: Something grabbed my Attention...   Something grabbed my Attention... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 6:49 am

its about time pokemon gets some action even though its only fan made
Back to top Go down
Pokemon Z RPG
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Z RPG

PostSubject: Re: Something grabbed my Attention...   Something grabbed my Attention... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 10:30 am

its not fanmade... its the official comic series...
Back to top Go down
j-manza
Experienced Trainer
Experienced Trainer
j-manza

PostSubject: Re: Something grabbed my Attention...   Something grabbed my Attention... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 4:48 pm

woah thats awesome
Back to top Go down
Pokemon Z RPG
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Z RPG

PostSubject: Re: Something grabbed my Attention...   Something grabbed my Attention... Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 8:45 pm

yes, interesting isn't it? Well technically, its one OF the official ones, for there are around 3 other series, but their not as huge...
Back to top Go down
j-manza
Experienced Trainer
Experienced Trainer
j-manza

PostSubject: Re: Something grabbed my Attention...   Something grabbed my Attention... Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 11:43 pm

thats too bad cuz this could have been something good
Back to top Go down
Pokemon Z RPG
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Z RPG

PostSubject: Re: Something grabbed my Attention...   Something grabbed my Attention... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 4:47 pm

j-manza wrote:
thats too bad cuz this could have been something good

what are you talking about?
Back to top Go down
MariovSonic
Advanced Trainer
Advanced Trainer
MariovSonic

EXP : 25901

PostSubject: Re: Something grabbed my Attention...   Something grabbed my Attention... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 9:18 pm

Dimentio The Jester wrote:
For example, death is discussed alot more, and in fact Pokemon die on page, as you read.
Ever since I was old enough to understand the events of Lavender Town (which had the saddest musical score, ever.), I've been curious about Pokemon death. Severe burns, poison, frost bite, and intense beatings hardly phase the Pokemon beyond temporally passing out, and healing them is just a sip of potion or a brief visit to a PokeCenter (or whatever it was called) away. How can someone inflict enough damage to kill such a creature?

Better yet, WHY would someone attack a creature that can breath fire, shoot poison, form ice, or shatter rocks? Me thinks the first ever Pokemon trainers (who were obviously like the fine rock-throwing folks of the safari) were crazy. =P

Last edited by MariovSonic on Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:16 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added "=P", something was lost in translation.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.mario-vs-sonic.co.cc
/f0473h1u1z/
Advanced Trainer
Advanced Trainer
/f0473h1u1z/

PostSubject: Re: Something grabbed my Attention...   Something grabbed my Attention... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 9:23 pm

Stop thinking about pokemon so hard.
Back to top Go down
Pokemon Z RPG
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Z RPG

PostSubject: Re: Something grabbed my Attention...   Something grabbed my Attention... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 9:31 pm

/f0473h1u1z/ wrote:
Stop thinking about pokemon so hard.

I find her thoughts interesting.... idk about u.... and now that i read that it sounds odd... but u kno what i mean...
Back to top Go down
MariovSonic
Advanced Trainer
Advanced Trainer
MariovSonic

PostSubject: Re: Something grabbed my Attention...   Something grabbed my Attention... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 9:34 pm

There's just important questions, you know? Like what DO carnivorous Pokemon eat in the wild, and what are hamburgers in that world made of?
Back to top Go down
/f0473h1u1z/
Advanced Trainer
Advanced Trainer
/f0473h1u1z/

PostSubject: Re: Something grabbed my Attention...   Something grabbed my Attention... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 9:36 pm

MariovSonic wrote:
There's just important questions, you know? Like what DO carnivorous Pokemon eat in the wild, and what are hamburgers in that world made of?

But we will never know because its POKEMON.
Back to top Go down
Pokemon Z RPG
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Z RPG

PostSubject: Re: Something grabbed my Attention...   Something grabbed my Attention... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 9:41 pm

MariovSonic wrote:

In an earlier episode, Farfetch'd were almost extinct, because people in the show would kill them for food, i forgot the exact episode in which this was mentioned but it was a 1st season original episode. Also, idk where hamburger meat would come from, maybe Miltank? Although they do get their milk from the miltank, and I know wild carnivorous pokemon eat other pokemon in the wild. Some pokedex enteries I belive say that, for example I believe Pidgeotto's (or one of those in the same evolutionary chain) entry stated that it goes into Caterpie or weedle nests to eat them... Also if you go upstairs, in the Canalave Library in Canalave City Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum their are several books to read, one of them states that humans eat pokemon, and it gave magikarp as an example...
Back to top Go down
MariovSonic
Advanced Trainer
Advanced Trainer
MariovSonic

PostSubject: Re: Something grabbed my Attention...   Something grabbed my Attention... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 10:05 pm

^^
Hearing that... all of that, I've discovered that Pokemon was not the "innocent, happy-go-lucky, I can do anything if I work hard, friends forever," world that controlled my early childhood. Just... wow.

/f0473h1u1z/ wrote:
But we will never know because its POKEMON.
The world of Pokemon is a very complex and interesting canon that has a highly developed story, fascinating character archetypes and frequently uses very unique and controversial concepts that can be quite difficult to fully comprehend. Pokemon brings up powerful questions about what the purpose of living is ("Is the goal to become a 'master', or to enjoy and grow from the journey?"), why humans do the things they do ("Are we really acting for ourselves, or by the hands of our 'trainers' who we are sworn to be loyal to?"), what is socially correct vs. what can be considered a taboo- a double standard ("Battling with Pokemon is good but Pokemon battling is bad."), and the complete social structure of the world in general ("The upper class, "Humans" are the ringleaders, despite them only being as good as the lower, yet more powerful, classes, "Pokemon," allow them to be.").

In case you couldn't tell by now, I've completely stopped being serious a long while ago.

Last edited by MariovSonic on Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
/f0473h1u1z/
Advanced Trainer
Advanced Trainer
/f0473h1u1z/

PostSubject: Re: Something grabbed my Attention...   Something grabbed my Attention... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 10:13 pm

Pokemon to me is cock fighting for kids.
Back to top Go down
Pokemon Z RPG
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Z RPG

PostSubject: Re: Something grabbed my Attention...   Something grabbed my Attention... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 2:12 am

/f0473h1u1z/ wrote:

oh lol that just made me laugh, which in many ways is true...
Back to top Go down
Soviet Beaver (Kouzetsu)
Cooltrainer
Cooltrainer
Soviet Beaver (Kouzetsu)

EXP : 26480

PostSubject: Re: Something grabbed my Attention...   Something grabbed my Attention... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 1:20 pm

true very true. How much do you bet that Michael Vick plays pokemon? He probaly loved battleing all those freakin puchienyas team magma had. He definately fought em with a growlithe.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Something grabbed my Attention...   Something grabbed my Attention... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 1:45 pm

/f0473h1u1z/ wrote:

LOL Too true! I can't imagine how bloody the battles would be if Pokemon were real, too. Not to mention Pokemon being so strong they would probably end up taking over the world and over-powering the humans. O.O
Back to top Go down
Soviet Beaver (Kouzetsu)
Cooltrainer
Cooltrainer
Soviet Beaver (Kouzetsu)

EXP : 26480

PostSubject: Re: Something grabbed my Attention...   Something grabbed my Attention... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 6:11 pm

CHARMANDER USE FLAMETHROWER! Treecko was burnt to a crisp. Seasoned with parsley and served with a side of soup and french fries. I mean.... Treecko has "Fainted". Yes pokemon could get more violent than it is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Something grabbed my Attention...   Something grabbed my Attention... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Something grabbed my Attention...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokemon X5K :: Art and Creations :: The Comics :: Pokemon Adventures-
Jump to: