Pokemon X5K
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A pokemon forum that includes all the up to date info, with battles and challenges!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Analyzing The Hatena Service

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pokemon Z RPG
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Z RPG

EXP : 27192

Analyzing The Hatena Service Empty
PostSubject: Analyzing The Hatena Service   Analyzing The Hatena Service Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 1:13 am

Most of you are going....WAH?! But I assure you, I'm not surprsied by your ignorance on this subject. Hatena is a site that hosts the Flipbooks from Flipnote Studio on the Nintendo DSi handheld system. So, about it. I am going to analyze the service.

The service is not the currently best way to share a creation, but its the best sharing tool on the DSi system, and the best HAND-drawn sharing creation service yet. You cannot look up usernames or vids, instead you need to do some mental in game access code by pressing Up, down, L, A, B X, up and knickbockers like that... Which I find highly irritating. The download speeds are quick but the loading times are a bit too waity for a what........ 70 KB flipnote?

The creations themselves, are a bit.....oh....what should I say? I don't know. first of all, the major channels that are featured are famous people and groups, like SSB's creator, and Aardman Inc. Then there's the random people who get stars. Yes, stars, you have unlimited yellow stars to hand out to vids, in which you have to jab at the Nintendo DSi if you want to add 100, thus potentially destroying your screen. (By this I mean for every tap, you give 1 star, and many low-lives place messages at the end of the vid to add as many as 500 stars for no reason). Apart from those high-end creations, there is the random crap that no one but 7 year old kids would like. Your better off using youtube if your going to be like the 80% of the people on the site. There are NUMEROUS reposts of the same stolen flipnote, that have minor variations and edits (i.e. the ending says: "LOL ADD STARS MADE BY Killer4553" instead of "OMG, ADD 20 STARS: MADE BY RodgerSmiley). Browsing out of around 120 flipnotes, only two are "Flip" worthy. The rest is just a pic of some random scene from some chick-flick playing Tik Tok or Justin Beiber music, or its something from Family Guy they crappily animated, or something that is a common meme on youtube, that is killed when it is added onto the flipnote. Also 5% of the vids are "Do you think I am Cute?" Vids. Yes, you heard me, people take pics of themselves on DSi, they put it on Flipnote (which gets turned into shades of black and white with horrible contrast) and then they post themselves and ask: Am I cute? I personally trolled around 10 of these, and if I get banned I don't mind.

The Audience is mainy from 7-11 years of age. (Yes of course, it is Nintendo after all) But, there's just TOO many of them. for example, I don't see that many 7 year old brawlers online, or 7 year old people requesting for a pokemon battle online. This audience is probably the worst I have seen in my life of any online group, besides GaiaOnline and some others.

Reccomendation? I suggest you avoid this, and only browse seldomly on this service, because you will be plummeted by the numerous reposts of justin beiber and stolen flipnotes made by 7 year olds.

Thank You if you took a couple minutes of your lives to actual read the whole thing.

This is Dimentio, over and out!

Last edited by Dimentio The Jester on Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://pokemonx5k.forumotion.com
/f0473h1u1z/
Advanced Trainer
Advanced Trainer
/f0473h1u1z/

EXP : 26078

PostSubject: Re: Analyzing The Hatena Service   Analyzing The Hatena Service Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 2:08 am

Why does nintendo's server things have such lame asian names.
Back to top Go down
Soviet Beaver (Kouzetsu)
Cooltrainer
Cooltrainer
Soviet Beaver (Kouzetsu)

EXP : 26325

PostSubject: Re: Analyzing The Hatena Service   Analyzing The Hatena Service Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 8:54 am

Yea yea. I have heard of hatena. Its ok. I am not that bad a flipbooks. i might upload some of mine so u guys can see em. anyway u r right they are all justin beiber and stupid crap like that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Analyzing The Hatena Service   Analyzing The Hatena Service Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 10:19 am

This analyzation thing is a pretty cool idea! Although I don't own a DSi so this won't help me much, but it is an interesting perspective. May I suggest you actually write down a detailed analyzation of this community as of its past going into present? That would be awesome, but also pretty lengthy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Analyzing The Hatena Service   Analyzing The Hatena Service Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Analyzing The Hatena Service
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokemon X5K :: Discussions :: Analyzation-
Jump to: