Pokemon X5K
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A pokemon forum that includes all the up to date info, with battles and challenges!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

FINAL CHAT

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pokemon Z RPG
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Z RPG

EXP : 27087

FINAL CHAT Empty
PostFINAL CHAT

FINAL CHAT 1-56
Final chance to talk with Dimentio:
July 13th, 2010 7PM - 11PM MST
Back to top Go down
https://pokemonx5k.forumotion.com
Share this post on: reddit

FINAL CHAT :: Comments

Re: FINAL CHAT
Post Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:15 am  Guest
No.......
Soviet Beaver (Kouzetsu)
Post Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:48 am  Soviet Beaver (Kouzetsu)
Give the site over to pokemonzrpg. I know he will take care of it. Like you said he is your right hand man!
MariovSonic
Post Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:58 am  MariovSonic
EDIT: ^^ That, totally that. Z is definitely the only one I'd trust to run this place, and I think he'd do a great job. That is, only if he wants to take over.

Can't say I saw this coming.

It's a shame to see you go. Especially since this site was supposed to be a "fresh start" for the community. Several members have returned (EggmanHut, Kouzetsu) and despite a dry spell every now and again, this place is buzzing along happily.

Beyond that, however, we haven't grown much. There's only been a couple new faces since the Webs era (NostalgiaKing) and there's nothing to do besides post. At the original site there were competitions and games that would keep the members active. Unfortunately, those events seem to have been lost in time.

So why do we keep coming to this site, why do we keep contributing to the network? Well, it goes back to Shnookis' analysis of the community. We all have our unique reasons, but at the end of the day it's because we feel a commitment to this place. It's full of great memories and even greater people. And I think the friendships formed here are more than enough of a reason to keep coming back.

But no one can blame you for resigning, you're giving a lot to a site that doesn't give anything back. If you don't enjoy site building or managing anymore, and updating has become a chore, then by all means don't force yourself to do what you don't want to. When push comes to shove, you've got to do what you love (Even if it's not a good idea/lolzfuturama).

If I've learned anything about these "Freewebs cliques" it's that a community needs a leader. And you have certainly served that part beyond the call of duty (lolzgamejokehere). So thank you for that, and for your creative ideas, and for keeping us band of misfits together. You've done a terrific job and it's been a lot of fun to be a part of it all.

In your absence, I'm guessing that- unless something happens or someone (coughPokemonZRPGthisisyourcue) steps up- this community will slowly fall apart. Or perhaps it already has. Whatever, I suppose even the neatest of things have to come to an end. Let's just try to go out with a bang rather than a whimper, everyone. It'll be awesomer like that. Cool

Anyway, we'll all miss you, and best of luck with your future endeavors. See you on chat Tuesday or before! =)

Last edited by MariovSonic on Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Soviet Beaver (Kouzetsu)
Post Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:04 am  Soviet Beaver (Kouzetsu)
Cornn was in the webs era. he came to sams site all the time. And yea. If Z takes over this community wont be dead for a long time. Mi mancheranno tutti voi. Buona fortuna per il futuro! (I will miss you all. Good luck for the future!) Well unless the forum continues if z accepts the request of owning it.

Last edited by Kouzetsu on Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total
MariovSonic
Post Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:08 am  MariovSonic
A'ite, I didn't know that. Post edited.
Pokemon Z RPG
Post Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:20 pm  Pokemon Z RPG
I know it was actaully a bit of a sudden, but even for me, it was. Yes, I suppose this was a "Fresh new start" as I remade it with an entire different theme, and originally intended to a differen audience, it did seem to grow uber fast, and was plenty active. However, everything just died during mid-June, and I was going to try to get online everyday to re-vive, but seeing how now the site only really consists of around 4 or 5 core members, it's kind of pointless to have mass forum threads with only 3 or 4 or even 2 members responding to it, sort of like some other sites that i know of right now. Yes, I do remember shnookis's anaylsis, but it seemed to have run out of juice for me, the engine has frozen over, the egg has lost its warmth, and thus a twig snapped and I decided to just stop. I realize you guys wanted me here, and many of you probably never wanted this to come, but I assure you everything will be just fine. Thanks for the thanks everyone. IMO, I will be willing to rather give the site away than to destroy it.
Soviet Beaver (Kouzetsu)
Post Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:20 pm  Soviet Beaver (Kouzetsu)
Dimentio The Jester wrote:
I know it was actaully a bit of a sudden, but even for me, it was. Yes, I suppose this was a "Fresh new start" as I remade it with an entire different theme, and originally intended to a differen audience, it did seem to grow uber fast, and was plenty active. However, everything just died during mid-June, and I was going to try to get online everyday to re-vive, but seeing how now the site only really consists of around 4 or 5 core members, it's kind of pointless to have mass forum threads with only 3 or 4 or even 2 members responding to it, sort of like some other sites that i know of right now. Yes, I do remember shnookis's anaylsis, but it seemed to have run out of juice for me, the engine has frozen over, the egg has lost its warmth, and thus a twig snapped and I decided to just stop. I realize you guys wanted me here, and many of you probably never wanted this to come, but I assure you everything will be just fine. Thanks for the thanks everyone. IMO, I will be willing to rather give the site away than to destroy it.

Give it to me or zrpg. Preferably Z because he will take good care of it.
MariovSonic
Post Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:05 am  MariovSonic
^ That is, if Z even returns, or wants/is able to. I recall him saying at one point he doesn't like running Forumotion sites.
Post Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:25 pm  Guest
If I ever return? I actually have only been gone for a few days. XD It is definitely sad to see you go Dimentio, and like the others, I never expected it. But, if that is what you think needs to be done, so be it. I am with you on whatever decision you may make, whether it be to entrust me or another member with the site. I certainly wouldn't turn down the offer and it would never be a burden.

I am happy to help no matter what the situation. Smile Hopefully I will get a chance to chat with you before that time comes (July 13).
MariovSonic
Post Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:16 pm  MariovSonic
Whoops, I meant "returns in time," darn early mornin' typin'! XD

Anyways, like I said, I'm sure we can all understand and respect why you want to quit, even if we will miss you. But I have one request before you leave: finish the Super Comic! =)
Soviet Beaver (Kouzetsu)
Post Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:18 pm  Soviet Beaver (Kouzetsu)
YES PLEASE FINISH IT! I WAS NEVER PUT IN IT! YOU SAID U WOULD PUT ME IN IT. LOL.

Btw. How much you guys bet Dimentio will be back to check in on the site within a month? Even 5 years from now I might come back and check on our old site network to see if anyone came back.
Pokemon Z RPG
Post Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:35 pm  Pokemon Z RPG
Darn it, he never finished that comic! Crying or Very sad
Soviet Beaver (Kouzetsu)
Post Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:04 pm  Soviet Beaver (Kouzetsu)
How bout i finish it for em?
Pokemon Z RPG
Post Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:50 pm  Pokemon Z RPG
Kouzetsu wrote:
How bout i finish it for em?

Nah, they were Dimentio's comics and we shouldn't go messing around with them.
Post   Sponsored content

FINAL CHAT

Page 1 of 1